USA CASH ADVANCE AMERICA.....SCAM!!

USA CASH ADVANCE SCAM: Foreign accented man called to confirm a loan but needed me to obtain a new government law requiring a verification voucher! When I had money and was at CVS, 11/7, Walmart or other locations.....I was to call him and then he would tell me the person to whom I would make the voucher out to for a total of 260 dollars (down from 400). The loan would then be deposited into my account as soon as the voucher business was done. He informed that I had to process the voucher verification within the next 10 minutes and then my funds would then be in my account in 15 minutes (in thousands by the way). The voucher was to prove I could make monthly payments...REALLY? The amount of the loan was ridiculous- "too good to be true" type. So I said I could not do anything until tomorrow. Again he emphasized calling once I was in the store and would give me no information except that his name was James. (BTW: a young man answered the phone, James was giving the 888 number to another in the background and then took the phone to speak with me??!!)

Googled USA CASH ADVANCE right away and did a reverse call on number. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I can add numbers to the existing LONG LIST of numbers used by them to procure USA CASH ADVANCE victims. The number I can add to the list: 347-492-2732(out of NY)and 888-601-5809.

I am sssooooooo glad I felt uneasy with the speed and abruptness of the "business" dealings with this man and looked up all this before becoming a victim to this scam!

This is a terrible scam.......calls every hour on the hour. Just so glad I didn't fall for the "verification voucher that is required by the US government now??"

Isn't there some type of law against claiming that money/vouchers are required by our government in order to process a loan?

Watch out all :upset

review #397471
84 198 Helpful?
Had the same issue336 Comments249
Had an experience with Cash Advance?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
elizabeth

Jan 28 #937861 Destrehan, Louisiana

I just got a call saying i needed to get an attorney bc of the 500 dollar loan i took out with cash advance america. He told me i was having criminal charges made in my name and i had to be in court tomorrow morning. Ofcourse this comes from a texas number and i kive in Louisiana so i knew this had to be bull. He told me i had to get an attorney and be in bc ourt or pay back 600+ in charges. i did the same thing tho. I webt to the website and saw nothing but scams

jr

Feb 25 #950653 Washington, Illinois

I just had a guy call me saying my work will kno about this and they will arrest me if I don't pay

Alisha

Jan 08 #927889 El Paso, Texas

Called me asked if I wanted to take a loan out I said No so he asked if I wanted to *** with him and I handed phone over to my husband.Ridiculous

Liz

Jan 25 #935972 Fullerton, California

Me too. I'm screwed. There is nothing anyone can do to get that money back either.

Jun 03 #991214

They got me for 150.00 an they still want another 350.00 for tax money. I called state police an filled a ic3 form against them. I would love to get my hands on them!!

Becca

Jan 02 #924428 Reno, Nevada

I received the loan documents in my email. I thought to good to be true. I called them. I reached a man that could barely speak English. He informed me to prove I had $250.00 in my account. When i advised I did not have that in my bank account he became mean. Yelled at me and said "Find someone to borrow the funds from now." I then told him cancel everything delete my info from his system. They already had all of my personal info which was scary. I sent the documents to the actual company Cash Advance America since they were making it seem they were representing them. That actual company was not pleased. Major scam....

Jan 07 #927220 Bellevue, Washington

I was just approved for 4000 when denied at other places. Asked to purcase voucher for 220 - scared me with drew all my money from my account and opened new account. they have my info now and that scares me too. 1/6/2015

disturbed

Dec 31, 2014 #923634

They got me too only with the green dot card scam three days before Christmas demons lol

Dec 18, 2014 #917924 Kannapolis, North Carolina

I received a call today from a Chris Jones and was asked to do the exact same thing and he said I had 2 hours to call back and he said to call before I went in the store. I'm no dummy and hate to say my credit isn't that good for a $5000.00 loan so I knew it was something wrong. Hope every one uses there brain.

Roland P

Dec 17, 2014 #917294 Hialeah, Florida

Thank you very much for your advice !!! I was falling into the same Scam !!!
I had to call Sean Wilson 518-636-6585 ext 1307 from a Wallgrens Store.

Dec 16, 2014 #916771

They call me all the time, emails too. I like how they are all East Indian and they all have names like "John Smith". That should be your first red flag. No legitimate loan company, even if they are loan sharks, are going to ask you for money up front. So sad that they prey on desperate people. Law enforcement doesn't seem to care as these same people are still operating all over the US. I called my local PD and they pretty much gave me the "isn't my job" line. Very sorry to all of you that lost your money to these creeps. How do they sleep at night?

1 0 Reply
yoly

Dec 05, 2014 #911601 Fort Morgan, Colorado

HI NEED ADVICE IM GETING CALLS OF A PERSON WITH AN WIERD ADCENT SAING HE WORKS FOR CASH ADVANCE AMERICA AND EMAILS TOO SAYING THAT I HAD A LOWN AND NEED TOO PAY IT AND IF I DIRENT THEY ARE GOING TO PUT A WORENT FOR MY AREST AND TAKE ME TO CORT MY CASE NUMBER STARTS LIKE THIS CF-MA-****** AND TODAY I TRAID TO DU PAYMENT WITH MY CREDIT CARD AND THEY WOULD NOT LET ME HE SAID I HAD TO BAY A GREEN DOT MONEY PAK CARD OR VECHURE TO MAKE PAYMENT THIS IS THE # (916)350-4501

r171717

Dec 15, 2014 #916061 Norristown, Pennsylvania

I got the same email same guy with all my information and i told him that i am not paying for something that isn't mine and he stated that he will be filing a court hearing and contacting my employer regarding my employment status. the number i called was 347-606-409 and this guy didn't care what i was saying and when it told him i am not paying for this he hung up.

Dec 16, 2014 #916766

This is a scam dear......don't give them anything!

Jan 22 #934872 Utah, United States

I've had that same situation and I've never taken out a loan thru Cash Advance America. I was feeling uneasy about the way they were dealing with it and so I called Cash Advance America and they said that they are aware of the scam and that if you have any info to file a report at www.IC3.gov and to send them an email at comments@advanceamerica.net
I'm going to do both of theses things and I suggest you do it to so hopefully they will be closer to catching theses guys! It's really scary when they are saying that they are going to be putting a warrant for your arrest and everything and I almost fell for it. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!!!

jrb1234

Nov 27, 2014 #907089 Wilson, North Carolina

Yes they are scams!!! Do not fall for it. They scammed me for 240$ then when I loaded it onto a vanilla reload card they took it and said my bank account did not accept the transfer!! They asked me to send 380$$ so they could send thru western union that's when I know I got scammed. So I told them to send me my money back and they said they would send it back thru mail in 90 days. So yea I got scammed.

JJ

Nov 20, 2014 #903645 Bronx, New York

They called me more thatn 50 times now. This has to stop. These idiots should be told to stop this madness and they should be taken to Jail for disturbing people and waisting their time.

2 0 Reply
mike

Nov 20, 2014 #903527 Centerfield, Utah

Yeah I went through cashnetusa and they sent me a email a few days later saying I got approved and then they told me to put down 300 on a PayPal card so I went and did it then they told me my loan would be in there 30 minutes later. I went and checked there was nothing so I called then and they said they needed another two hundred I went to my bank and the police department it's a huge scam and they called me from tte number (716) 240 0082

1 0 Reply
romen

Nov 19, 2014 #902913 Newark, New Jersey

Dont call me call your local fbi and give them the report

41-60 of 247 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.