Cash Advance - USA CASH ADVANCE AMERICA.....SCAM!!

Apr 02, 2013
review #397471

USA CASH ADVANCE SCAM: Foreign accented man called to confirm a loan but needed me to obtain a new government law requiring a verification voucher! When I had money and was at CVS, 11/7, Walmart or other locations.....I was to call him and then he would tell me the person to whom I would make the voucher out to for a total of 260 dollars (down from 400). The loan would then be deposited into my account as soon as the voucher business was done. He informed that I had to process the voucher verification within the next 10 minutes and then my funds would then be in my account in 15 minutes (in thousands by the way). The voucher was to prove I could make monthly payments...REALLY? The amount of the loan was ridiculous- "too good to be true" type. So I said I could not do anything until tomorrow. Again he emphasized calling once I was in the store and would give me no information except that his name was James. (BTW: a young man answered the phone, James was giving the 888 number to another in the background and then took the phone to speak with me??!!)

Googled USA CASH ADVANCE right away and did a reverse call on number. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I can add numbers to the existing LONG LIST of numbers used by them to procure USA CASH ADVANCE victims. The number I can add to the list: 347-492-2732(out of NY)and 888-601-5809.

I am sssooooooo glad I felt uneasy with the speed and abruptness of the "business" dealings with this man and looked up all this before becoming a victim to this scam!

This is a terrible scam.......calls every hour on the hour. Just so glad I didn't fall for the "verification voucher that is required by the US government now??"

Isn't there some type of law against claiming that money/vouchers are required by our government in order to process a loan?

Watch out all :upset

85ab224
3.1
Had an experience with Cash Advance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Jay

Jul 29

I had this happen to me also..except I first received an email stating that I defrauded American Cash Advance.These people were supposed to be a law firm naned Hawkins Law Firm.They left the contact number to call the Senior Attorney Rebecca Brown.I already knew it was a scam because the grammar was awful.
I was bored at work and decided to let a coworker listen in as I called.A woman threatened that I was going to be tried in court in a couple of days yada yada.I asked to be able to settle out of court and she basically handed the phone to an Indian fella.He made similar threats and told me I owed them $200 plus late fees totalling $495.I basically laughed and told them I was worth more money than ACA has ever handled.Please send me this on a company letterhead and a signed agreement from ACA.He refused,I said I will see you in court then.Then the punch line.He said the Sherrif will call me in 45 minutes to arrest me....rotfl.
Please dont fall for it.Call the FBI And give all info to help catch them.
Meanwhile until they are caught,I am calling all times of the night and wee hours just to remind them,YOU are going to jail.......

JAX

Jul 23 San Jose, California

Advance Cash USA told me that their website is Advancecash.info so that I may believe that their company really exists. THEY ARE A SCAM!

They need to be stopped 1

Jul 21

I received this email
Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that your application for online loan has been approved & the amount waiting to be transferred.
Please find attached the loan approval and agreement papers for $2000, from Ace Cash Express.
Please call us back as soon as possible to process this application, and your Loan Account Number is Sb2611.
Thanks & Regards, Loan Officer Ace Cash Express (979)-871-7911 Disclaimer This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened for response deadlines. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. There was an attachment from ACE Cash express. I did everything they wanted me to as far as going to the store, but i didn't get the Green dot card and hung up. The foreign man kept calling me back. I then called ACE headquarters and got information on the real company and they were Americans that I spoke with.

Peace B upon man kind

Jul 17 Washington, District Of Columbia

I have been called by different people all day from the same office/house. They were pretty much harassing you none stop with these scam offers. As one of the comment said "too good to be true" type of amount to be given to you. What's crazy is, these people have obtained our personal information through these legitimate website, which then spreads our information to other 3rd party people to do w.e they want with it.
Do not fall so easy about these FOREIGN scams, trust me I'm foreign, but wtf is up with these other desperate mfrs. People like these don't care about nothing, why the *** do you think people ask for cash advance? To facilitate/resolve their unfortunate financial situations, yet these people want to bring you down to the ground some more? *** no!!
Watch your credit score and transactions people, with anyone, anywhere, not just foreigners lmao (coming from a foreigner :) ), the foreigner thing doesn't matter. It's everywhere, but I'm just saying to be aware of things that we've been hearing for years. If it's too good to be true, then it ain't real! That statement will live on for millions of years to come and will always work. There will come situations where it's actually true, but 1/1000. Anyways, I hope you all find a way to sustain your lives and financial situations, hopefully somewhere along the road you will find some level of support/relief.
Good luck!

jam

Jul 11 Sullivan, Illinois

I got a call 6 months ago from a chicago number the man had a indian accent sayin if I didnt come to court in chicago on monday that I was going to jail. He saidni had a outstanding debt for cash advance, 1 I have never had a loan through them! Today I got ancalll from a new york number them man said his name was jim from the federal crime investigation headquarters saying I have first a debt with a credit card, never owned 1, and then said I have a outstanding debt with cash advance! When I challenged him he said the cops would be at.my door soon to arrest me on federal charges! These people neeed to be stopped

Dylan

Jul 17

Did they happen to have your social security number? Because they have mine and they attracted it to an email,

Mona

Jul 18

Omg. I just got an email today like that. I know it's a scam but how do they have my SSN. I don't know what to do.

3 1 Reply
Angel

Jul 23 Winston Salem, North Carolina

Please tell me if anyone followed thru what happened? I almost made the mistake of doing this as well. When I got to the gas station and saw this green dot card, it didn't seem right so I passed. I'm in desperate need of money but so glad I found this page and see I'm not alone here

Zena

Jun 25 Chicago, Illinois

I just got an email from this Advanced American Cash Service stating that they going to sue me for money I borrowed from them. It scared me for about 15 min., but I started to think...I never receive email for any bills that I ow they emails. Especially a loan....yea ok. Do anybody know who I can call our talk to about this?

jlynn

Jun 25 Tulsa, Oklahoma

I just got an email today. I was scared saying I was going to be arrested. For defaulting on a loan. He was foreign as well.. he also told me to get a green dot card put funds on it to pay this bill to avoid legal issues. I told him I don't owe anyone any money. I called American cash advance. They told me its a scam. I waited for the man to call me back then told him it was a scam. He got upset said I would be arrested & hung up. 30min later I received a call from 911 telling me he was officer david Jones I would be arrested in the morning for nonpayment of this loan. Itold him do what he needed to do

stitty

Jun 13

let me no if we can get the money back I got 3 children and 1 on the was my email is stitty09com@gmail.com

Jul 16

These guys r crazy they been trying to get me they call all day long

stitty

Jun 13

214-613-8434 scam they got me and for 812.00 is there a way to get it back!!!!!!!!

bre

Jun 04

Yesterday someone with a indian accent from this company called me stating that I applied for a loan of 5k. I told them no and they keep insisting that I did. I asked them to send me the firm of the application that I filled out and they said they did send it. I told them to send it again and I will call them back. They keep insisting that I applied and they have the application but will not send in to me. If I wasn't interested in the loan I should cancel it and pay them $100 for cancelation. I said I will do no such thing. I hanged up on them called me 5 min later and passed me to his "supervisor" I hear them laughing in the background. I asked for their name and reference number they refuse to give it to me. They told me they will have me arrested if I don't pay. I told them go ahead. Good at least I can have a name of who's trying to have me arrested. And he hanged up. # is 786 378 6999.

feeling stupid

Jun 02

Cash advance america scam! Unfortunately I was desperate and borrowed $255., placed it on a green dot money pack card. They took that money then Mr "James Williams"(yea right) told me that I needed a $100. Money transfer fee. Told him that I don't have it and he became irate. Told him that I don't want the loan, just my $255. Back. Told me he'd call me Friday.

Kasey

May 02

(727) 827-8285
FL, USA this number is also a scam! The man told me I'm approved for 1500 and I had to send $150 for verification. Me being young I did. I'm only 23. I did it on green dot card! He got my money and information. If anybody call from this number please don't believe him

Tom

Apr 17

These same people are as we speak (or I should say) type, are calling me and have been for several days from a variety of different phone numbers. I spoke with several of the persons and went as far as to let them give me all the details until they got to the part where I have to prove I can repay the loan "Put the money on a voucher" or "put the money on a Green dot card" and give them the verification code on the back of the card. These people are of Indian nationality (from India) there is no mistaking their accent! although I have deleted the majority of numbers they use, I will list the numbers on my phone so far this morning. Please! Do not fall for such foolish practices. 401-648-9484, 772-585-9865, 773,599-4293, 872-588-4012, 872-588-4002, 214-269-8763, 333-333-3333, 312-788-9411, ....All with the same accent and same greeting.

Showing 41-60 of 157 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Cash Advance.
Filing a new complaint about
×