USA CASH ADVANCE SCAM: Foreign accented man called to confirm a loan but needed me to obtain a new government law requiring a verification voucher! When I had money and was at CVS, 11/7, Walmart or other locations.....I was to call him and then he would tell me the person to whom I would make the voucher out to for a total of 260 dollars (down from 400). The loan would then be deposited into my account as soon as the voucher business was done. He informed that I had to process the voucher verification within the next 10 minutes and then my funds would then be in my account in 15 minutes (in thousands by the way). The voucher was to prove I could make monthly payments...REALLY? The amount of the loan was ridiculous- "too good to be true" type. So I said I could not do anything until tomorrow. Again he emphasized calling once I was in the store and would give me no information except that his name was James. (BTW: a young man answered the phone, James was giving the 888 number to another in the background and then took the phone to speak with me??!!)

Googled USA CASH ADVANCE right away and did a reverse call on number. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I can add numbers to the existing LONG LIST of numbers used by them to procure USA CASH ADVANCE victims. The number I can add to the list: 347-492-2732(out of NY)and 888-601-5809.

I am sssooooooo glad I felt uneasy with the speed and abruptness of the "business" dealings with this man and looked up all this before becoming a victim to this scam!

This is a terrible scam.......calls every hour on the hour. Just so glad I didn't fall for the "verification voucher that is required by the US government now??"

Isn't there some type of law against claiming that money/vouchers are required by our government in order to process a loan?

Watch out all :upset

Helpful? 209 Yes 209 85 No 85
Had the same issue 368 Yes 368
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 06 #1016485

I just got a call feom DAVID MARTINcl claiming to be "thw head of finance. Hw wanyes me to wire him $183.00 in exchange for a $2000 loan. I laughed and said you want me to give this money so you can NOT deposit the $2000. He called me a "MOTHER ***" and hung up on me.... I guess I wasn't "GULLY" enough for him. What loan company does that. SCAM FRUAD LIAR CHEATER AND A THIEF. NOT THAT I HAVE ANYTHING AGAONST FOREIGNERS BIT EVERY LOAN THAT I APPLIED FOR HAS THE SAME "INDIAN PERSON" CALLING ME BACK... Not that ***

2 0 Reply

Jun 18 #996927

Same thing happen to me and they still wont stop calling me even how much I told him to stop I'm worry they might have my personal information

2 0 Reply

Jun 09 #993009 Owings Mills, Maryland

Got a text from James Parker. He said he was going to send me 8,000 all I had to do was give him my bank account info. LMBO then he ask for my monthly income and how often I get paid and how much my last check was I don't understand why no one does anything about these ***holes!!! I told him to go **** himself

May 27 #988393

Had the same issue sent 120 then they said it was wrong amount sent another and it was wrong stopped. They called me a *** sucker and they would give me 7000 for their sperm . Was *** but wont fall for that again. My mistake. They keep calling aand calling .

May 22 #987249

Had the same experience he 4 told me to get a prepaid visa and I not activate it. You have to activate them when you buy one also told be the cops would be at my house to arrest me him and another guy are blowing g up my phone and email

May 20 #986648

Latest number they called me from is 904-479-6676 comes up as Florida.No one can speak good English and the name I was given is Aston Baker WTH? These *** should be caught!

3 0 Reply
Water Boy

May 19 #986243

Attention consumers Cash Advance American is behind this scam. I uncovered many facts that point to many pay day loan scams.This organization needs to be shut down.Beware!!!! have all their stores shut down.

May 15 #984934

its against the law to ask or require any money upfront for a loan, the money has to be in your possession for 7 days before they can ask for payment

May 01 #978924

lil moma here waiting to see if ive been had myself we will see tomorrow at 10:45am eastern time ill let you know what happens in the morning

May 01 #978885

Why this mutha *** think I'm a dummy send them my money actually got *** when i told him if i get a loan for 5 grand take it out of that they need to be caught everybody they grank should beat they ***

Apr 29 #977859

I just had advance America say I was approved for a 2000 to 5000 dollar loan and sent a document to sign and send back . First off how am I approved for a uncertain amount when they either go off your credit and deny you are they aren't sure how much to give you .lol . 2nd the document they sent has a Illinois state seal in the background but the bottom if each page has a spartanburg, sc address lol so it's a shame how many millions of Americans fall for this instead they rush and hurry and do this because our country forces the everyday average American household to live in poverty . Instead of us liveing like we can . People wake up quit believing in television is right and the government wouldn't do this too us because we are the land of the free .Well if serfs are free how come im fighting my *** off to eat and let the 10% of the rich get rich and middle America turn to haveing some India Man steal money cause there kid needs to eat .

Apr 24 #976471

I got taken $255.00 dollars today by this company before I knew it was a scam bc I had applied for a personal loan from first American cash advance is there anything I can do or am I just out of my pay check by the way this was bill money food and gas for work not too mention my daughter just had surgery this week can one please help me I'm so upset and don't know what to do the guys name I talked to was James Parker And he called me from a 202 number

9 13 Reply
Crazy woman joyce

Apr 24 #976485

The number that called me was 202-580-8541 a James Parker was the man I talked too

Apr 24 #976488

Why isn't anyone doing anything about these people

Jul 17 #1008817 Pensacola, Florida

I feel your pain honey, I wish that I had read this before I got taken!! I hope that these fools have no luck at all!!

nola 50

Apr 16 #972632 New Orleans, Louisiana

Awful and scary. They wanted me to go to Wal Mart and withdrawal ]money to prove that I an a good customer, very threatened on the phone, some how took over my phone I was unable to make any phone calls at all . SCAM SCAM SCAM..

Daddy Craig

Apr 14 #971933 Livonia, Michigan

I just got a phone call from them saying that I was approved for $5,000.00 with installments of 225.00 a month. Great, wonderful, fantastic. If the first thing he asked for was a 225.00 money gram. I was like, "Why do you require a money gram if I was approved?"
He said oh to prove that you have 225.00 in your account. Oh okay, yeah not interested.

Apr 10 #970523

Just got a call today and did not admit it was me on the phone. I asked what it was regarding and the foreign man became very inappropriate. I got the number and it's 312-757-4288.

Max Legion

Apr 10 #970485 Las Vegas, Nevada

Avoid new number (NY) 518-772-0404. The guy could barely speak! Asked for bank info and that he would put money into my account. His name was Eric. Asked for website and all he said was Cash Advance America. All of this is a FRAUD! Do not believe the hype it is to good to be true. You should not have to send money to get money even if its not yours.

Pissed off American

Apr 09 #969713 Platte City, Missouri

Had a guy name Eric Johnson claiming to be a lawyer from California and works for a website called I sent an email to them and they never heard of him. This so called Eric Johnson is trying to get money for Cash Advance America. For one a lawyer never cussed at the other party, and two you *** right I will investigate them before anything else. The number that came up on my phone is (323) 739-5456

21-40 of 264 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cash Advance. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cash Advance.
Filing a new complaint about