USA CASH ADVANCE AMERICA.....SCAM!!

Issue not resolved
Apr 02, 2013
review #397471

USA CASH ADVANCE SCAM: Foreign accented man called to confirm a loan but needed me to obtain a new government law requiring a verification voucher! When I had money and was at CVS, 11/7, Walmart or other locations.....I was to call him and then he would tell me the person to whom I would make the voucher out to for a total of 260 dollars (down from 400). The loan would then be deposited into my account as soon as the voucher business was done. He informed that I had to process the voucher verification within the next 10 minutes and then my funds would then be in my account in 15 minutes (in thousands by the way). The voucher was to prove I could make monthly payments...REALLY? The amount of the loan was ridiculous- "too good to be true" type. So I said I could not do anything until tomorrow. Again he emphasized calling once I was in the store and would give me no information except that his name was James. (BTW: a young man answered the phone, James was giving the 888 number to another in the background and then took the phone to speak with me??!!)

Googled USA CASH ADVANCE right away and did a reverse call on number. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I can add numbers to the existing LONG LIST of numbers used by them to procure USA CASH ADVANCE victims. The number I can add to the list: 347-492-2732(out of NY)and 888-601-5809.

I am sssooooooo glad I felt uneasy with the speed and abruptness of the "business" dealings with this man and looked up all this before becoming a victim to this scam!

This is a terrible scam.......calls every hour on the hour. Just so glad I didn't fall for the "verification voucher that is required by the US government now??"

Isn't there some type of law against claiming that money/vouchers are required by our government in order to process a loan?

Watch out all :upset

b0814ff
Had an experience with Cash Advance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Lay

Aug 15

I got an email from Jeff Morgan (Signature says Daniel Gonzalez)and then a phone call from 818-613-6021 the man had a VERY heavy accent. the scary part is he had all of my bank account information and the last 4 of my social. he wanted me to go to CVS and do the $100 verification which i told him made no sense to me. after i hung up I goolged the number and SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! i called him back he didn't answer and called me right back. trying to convince me that i filled out a loan and this was not a scam. I told him if i see ANYTHING wrong with my account I would find his *** and kill him. and i mean that! people don't work for bums like him to steal their money from them. get your *** up and get a real *** job!

0 1 Reply
Cheryl

Aug 14 Jackson, Mississippi

I had the same issue and thank god I was uneasy with this transaction and did not give this man any money. In fact when he called me back I told him I researched this and no one ask you to obtain a voucher to prove you can make the payment. He hung up. And has not called me back but, I get up this morning and there is the same kind of loan on my computer. This time for Bank of America.

pattu

Aug 08 Miami, Florida

That just happen to me too they dont stop calling and they said the exact thing to me im so mad im about to change my number...thats so crazy how people just play w u like u were a kid and didnt know any better there should be something we can do to get them to pay..

sandy

Aug 07

I had a Micheal call me and said i was going to jail if i didnt pay back a loan i never recieved a loan threw them so i called him and it went to voice mail where it told me they was a scam i about peed my self laughing call until u get there voice mail 347 468 8663.

Mad

Aug 06

Six phone calls from 1-800-572-3577 in one day. The number is Cash America out of Texas. Said that I had applied for a loan. No go. Hung up on me but kept calling and hanging up. North Carolina

Freakn Mad

Aug 06

We'll this people called me telling me about a 3,000 loan and my smart butt got all happy about that cause is been so hard for me to get a loan cause of my credit score I thought I was going to get a loan to fix all that plus everything else so he ask me for 180 to activate account then some lady from the same number called me asking for 250 for the loan transfer and I did it again gave it to them then he called me asking for $500 for the loan insurance and I said wtf ur tripping I gave him all my rent money and I ask him were I suppose to take 500 hundred from I gave him all I had..now for me being so dumm I got and eviction notice and now it don't have anywhere to go with my 3kids :'(. Those anybody know wut can I do to get anything back or trace them?? Omg please some1 HELP!!! Any advice???

2 6 Reply

Aug 07

There isn't anything u can do that is why they want you to put it on a paper green dot card there not traceable im so sorry.

Jodi

Aug 05

Hello, the same was done to me not only did I confirm my information for JAMES, but gave him the permission to take the processing service fee as JAMES called it from my account. Because I was informed that I wasn't paying for anything. It would be given back in minutes to my account once the information was processed. Well not only did I not get the money back. I never got the SCAMS loan amount. Now, after that they also took two so called processing service fees, but I had to close my account out of 7 years. Plus they now know my social,address and birth. Pissed off because this happened 2 years ago. I did'nt speak out. Now a few different JAME'S called me again lately trying the same moves again. I recorded the conversation and told him. But they still call from New York. I am speaking out. Scammers, Scammers.

Aug 05

The same thing happened to me, this guy, sometimes he goes by name of Michael Johnson, other times Mr. Mathis, heavy heavy heavy accent. The same New York area code 347, this time the number was 298 7885. He even gave me the number of the Better Business Bureau.....also a scam.....beware....

NG

Aug 05

I got an email saying that it was the Federal Law Department. Also that I had a loan and that I was going to court and jail.So when I called and spoke with a Joe Martin he also sounded like he was Indian and said I needed to pay $8,600.00 or face jail. I ask him for my information just had my name but I was wondering what else does he have or they have.Its kind of scary to receive such a letter and have No idea what to do about it but wait and see what happens. I don't want to live like that!! Number is 740-777-1030 Ohio Number???

1 0 Reply
sandy

Aug 07

There is no fedral law department someone named micheal call me with the same scam dont fall for it call the bbb it is against the law. I had my husband call and he kept call them and within 10 minutes the number was out of order. 347 468 866 8663.

I got Scammed

Aug 05

I had the same thing happen to me be I didnt get away so easy. I paid the $198 and then the scam coutiued with the guy saying someone from the bank will be calling me within 10 mins and other guy called with a accented and the guy was working together.Never put up money to get a loan.

tommy

Aug 04

They do this cuz the say Americans are *** I had a 10 minute talk with these dopes they theres 45 of them and make 20k a day do the math guys wake up please don't send these Pakistani taliban money they been working 2 years

nona

Aug 04

they have been calling me at least 150 tmes a day and saying very nasty things, the numbers they call me from (815) 566-3404 and (312) 912-9352

nicole

Aug 04

I have had the same problem with these guys, and I swear that there names changes to every time you talk with them its either Gary Thompson or Michael White.... they told me I was gonna go to jail if I didn't pay them 500.00 for some loan with usa cash advance. when I ask to have some doctumentions sent to me on this matter they said I cant have the documents that I can either pay now or go to jail. so in stead of getting mad and yelling I hung up the phone. and they started calling me none stop just bout 10 times if not more. these people omg

almost another victim

Aug 04

Received call from a Mr. King with an attorney's office (832) 803-0359 in Texas, claiming I took a loan with Advance America 'sometime in 2012 and did not repay the loan. He sounded official, had my previous employer, bank information, and a previous address. Scare the *** out of me to be honest. Said I "owed $1798.98, but they would accept $1,059. now with a Good Faith payment plan. Otherwise they would be issuing a Warrant with the State Attorney for my immediate arrest on charges of check fraud and money laundering."

Katt1210

Aug 18 Scranton, Pennsylvania

had the same experience. got a call from someone claiming t the state police saying they were coming to arrest me if I didn't call this lawyer. called the "lawyer and they told me I had a loan with Advance America that I never paid. They wanted 1800 bucks. They wanted me to go and wire the money to them from a CVS, and they wouldn't hang up until I did. I drove the State Police barracks down the road, and they told me this is a huge scam going on, ran my license for me, clean as I expected.
The worst part is they knew my address, where I worked. It is very scary. I am seriously considering changing my cell number, these crazy calls are getting more and more frequent. I must have blocked a dozen numbers by now.

tinajohnson200

Aug 03 Byesville, Ohio

My daughter went through this same thing. I saw red flags right away, but she had already done it and was going to send another $410. They told her that the irs put a hold on it because she had to pay the taxes on it. I said give me the number they gave you. I called it and a woman with a thick indian accent answered " internal revenue service". I immediately hung up. She called me back in less than 5 minutes. She sent me to James murphy. Who had a stronger accent than her. He started yelling at me because I told him he was full of sh*t. I told my daughter not to send anymore money. We went to the police and called the card company that they told her to buy. The card company started an investigation and also the police and the fbi will also be involved. Crazy stuff these people are doing.

mad and pissed off

Aug 03 Dallas, Texas

My husband and I went thru the same thing 3mo ago. Sent them a $100, when we realized what was going on we tried to get a refund. Conviently enough for them we were informed the money had a hold on it and we could not get it back. We called the number on the back of green dot card the money was transferred from, and the lady informed us the money had been taken out via ATM within 10 min of the transfer. For 2 wks after all this happened we received threatening phone calls voicemails emails day and night, to be honest we were scared for our safety. These people are trash and filth I hope they rot in prison.

2 0 Reply

21-40 of 178 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cash Advance.
Filing a new complaint about
×