USA CASH ADVANCE AMERICA.....SCAM!!

Issue not resolved

USA CASH ADVANCE SCAM: Foreign accented man called to confirm a loan but needed me to obtain a new government law requiring a verification voucher! When I had money and was at CVS, 11/7, Walmart or other locations.....I was to call him and then he would tell me the person to whom I would make the voucher out to for a total of 260 dollars (down from 400). The loan would then be deposited into my account as soon as the voucher business was done. He informed that I had to process the voucher verification within the next 10 minutes and then my funds would then be in my account in 15 minutes (in thousands by the way). The voucher was to prove I could make monthly payments...REALLY? The amount of the loan was ridiculous- "too good to be true" type. So I said I could not do anything until tomorrow. Again he emphasized calling once I was in the store and would give me no information except that his name was James. (BTW: a young man answered the phone, James was giving the 888 number to another in the background and then took the phone to speak with me??!!)

Googled USA CASH ADVANCE right away and did a reverse call on number. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I can add numbers to the existing LONG LIST of numbers used by them to procure USA CASH ADVANCE victims. The number I can add to the list: 347-492-2732(out of NY)and 888-601-5809.

I am sssooooooo glad I felt uneasy with the speed and abruptness of the "business" dealings with this man and looked up all this before becoming a victim to this scam!

This is a terrible scam.......calls every hour on the hour. Just so glad I didn't fall for the "verification voucher that is required by the US government now??"

Isn't there some type of law against claiming that money/vouchers are required by our government in order to process a loan?

Watch out all :upset

106e68cd review #397471
83 176 Helpful?
Had the same issue277 Comments216 Report
Had an experience with Cash Advance?  Submit review about this company

Feb 23 Chatsworth, California

A new number to consider avoiding, (530)402-7714, out of Woodland, CA, a foreign man called me with a loan offer. It was fishy to begin with b/c of the terrible page formatting in their word document; it appears to be some sort of cut and paste job. I asked the foreign guy on the phone for the name of his website, but all he could produce was the alleged company name, Cash Advance America, which I googled and then found this website. I decided to document the number that contacted me in this comment, in case it is useful in some way, somewhere down the line.
~Tatiana Popovic

Feb 17 Denver, Colorado

I also had the same thing happen to me.. Calls then started to get very valugar and this morning was the worst. Also they have many telephone numbers all over the country they call you from. how can they still be able to do this.

Feb 03 Conyers, Georgia

Sooooo has anyone found a company that is legit? The same thing happened to me....thank God I din't have the money for the voucher

Jan 29

Yes they almost got me to. You are told to send a amount to get the loan. I was being evicted and really needed the money. But my gut was saying no. And i keep getting emails from them also.

Jan 28 Saint Louis, Missouri

I got an email from some foreign man then a call. I needed to pay $225 to get my $5000. I had recently applied for a loan. Why would I have to pay money to get money? There should be some type of punishment for this foolery.....

1 0 Reply
liz

Jan 28 Destrehan, Louisiana

The exact same thing happened to be execpt for the fact i wasnt as smart and got scammed out of 600 dollars. After i got the voucher the foreigner daid to wait until the money was deposited into my account and then told me he 2as having trouble depositing it. He said i needed to spend another 200 dollars to get my money back from western union. Well we needed the money so badly we were blind and *** and did ehat he asked and got scammed out of 600 dollars on christmas eve

Jan 20 Ventnor City, New Jersey

I got same thing they email me on Saturday saying i have to pay $810 because i got loan of 300 , i said i never got any money to my account and i asked them to proof , so they said they have 14 things to proof but they never show up my proof it , when i said i wont pay without proof , they email me that i will receive court notice. this is ridicules ... i just ignore it , they never conform my information what i asked for ...William Davis
> *Investigation Officer*
> *(Department â Law & Enforcement)*
> > *Cash Advance* >

Feb 10 Columbus, Ohio

I got this same exact email? The 300$ and pay 810$ Did you find out if it is a scam! I'm afraid someone has my information now!

Janie

Jan 16 Kent, Washington

Ok, listen to this. This accented man, Indian maybe, not sure, but he calls and the call comes in from his side as an "emergency number." So I pick up and he says he's an officer with a case file for my arrest cause I owed money to a loan company called Cash Advance America. Its 8 in the morning so I'm half asleep and confused. He tells me to write my case file down and call this lawyer named "Sam Wilson". Now before I could get this so called officers name, badge number etc he hangs up.
So I call the number he provided 850-725-7078. This accented man answers the phone and by now in VERY SUSPICIOUS. He tries to rush me, saying I'm gonna go to jail and I'm like " I'm not giving you info over the phone. If this isn't a scam, I want to meet face to face in an office or talk to a rep. From this so called loan company. By this time I pulled up Cash Advance America online and saw an alert about scams. This supposed lawyer, Sam Wilson hung up on me when I refused to go further.
*** ruined my day. I called 911 to let them know what happened. They said it happened all the time around this year, tax season.

elizabeth

Jan 28 Destrehan, Louisiana

I just got a call saying i needed to get an attorney bc of the 500 dollar loan i took out with cash advance america. He told me i was having criminal charges made in my name and i had to be in court tomorrow morning. Ofcourse this comes from a texas number and i kive in Louisiana so i knew this had to be bull. He told me i had to get an attorney and be in bc ourt or pay back 600+ in charges. i did the same thing tho. I webt to the website and saw nothing but scams

jr

Feb 25 Washington, Illinois

I just had a guy call me saying my work will kno about this and they will arrest me if I don't pay

Alisha

Jan 08 El Paso, Texas

Called me asked if I wanted to take a loan out I said No so he asked if I wanted to *** with him and I handed phone over to my husband.Ridiculous

Liz

Jan 25 Fullerton, California

Me too. I'm screwed. There is nothing anyone can do to get that money back either.

Becca

Jan 02 Reno, Nevada

I received the loan documents in my email. I thought to good to be true. I called them. I reached a man that could barely speak English. He informed me to prove I had $250.00 in my account. When i advised I did not have that in my bank account he became mean. Yelled at me and said "Find someone to borrow the funds from now." I then told him cancel everything delete my info from his system. They already had all of my personal info which was scary. I sent the documents to the actual company Cash Advance America since they were making it seem they were representing them. That actual company was not pleased. Major scam....

Jan 07 Bellevue, Washington

I was just approved for 4000 when denied at other places. Asked to purcase voucher for 220 - scared me with drew all my money from my account and opened new account. they have my info now and that scares me too. 1/6/2015

disturbed

Dec 31, 2014

They got me too only with the green dot card scam three days before Christmas demons lol

Dec 18, 2014 Kannapolis, North Carolina

I received a call today from a Chris Jones and was asked to do the exact same thing and he said I had 2 hours to call back and he said to call before I went in the store. I'm no dummy and hate to say my credit isn't that good for a $5000.00 loan so I knew it was something wrong. Hope every one uses there brain.

Roland P

Dec 17, 2014 Hialeah, Florida

Thank you very much for your advice !!! I was falling into the same Scam !!!
I had to call Sean Wilson 518-636-6585 ext 1307 from a Wallgrens Store.

1-20 of 216 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.